Rooftop gliding ladder specification guide
- Only materials that not subject to corrosion can be used.
- The ladders are made of aluminum alloy profiles, anodized 10 micron, natural mat finishing, and fasteners (bolts, rivets and washers) of stainless steel A2-70 DaN/mm2. Joint washers, bushes, plugs, and other materials in polyamide and elastomer are also used.
- No protective treatment, painting, or maintenance is required, except when exposed to aggressive environments.
- No welding is allowed.
- Rungs are clinched into the uprights. Bolts and rivets are used for all other assembly.
- Ladders are offered in polyester powder coating in any RAL color.
- The supporting frame is permanently attached to the roof surface.
- The frame can either be anchored to the roof structure (with expansion bolts, wood screws, or other fixing means), or it can be held in place by a concrete mass of appropriate weight.
- When deployed, the ladder travels down the frame's roller guides, ensuring smooth motion.
- When not in use, the ladder is retracted back onto the roof in the frame. The ladder is not easily visible from below.
- Rooftop gliding ladders comply to the standard EN 131.
- The ladder is composed of standardized elements of 3.36m maximal length, assembled to the desired length. These elements are connected by perforated aluminum sleeves, shifted inside the uprights. Bolts are used for fastening.
- The uprights are spaced at 400mm, and the rung axes are at 280mm.
- The ladder uprights have hollow oblong sections of 75mm x 26mm x 2mm with rounded corners.
- The rungs are round, at 34mm, with a flattened and grooved anti-slip upper face.
- The ladder can be equipped with a 300mm guardrail that can be installed on the left or right side of the ladder.
- The guardrail is placed on the inside of the upright, reducing available width by +/- 5cm.
4.2 Double section
- When not enough roof space is available to fit a full ladder element, two-section ladders are available. The frame is adapted to include the double element.
- The upper element has an internal width of 435mm.
- The lower element has an internal width of 350mm.
- The two elements deploy automatically when the ladder comes down.
- Deployment of the ladder elements is ensured by set of four roller guides, fixed to the uprights of the upper element.