Why choose the JOMY egress and access ladder?
- These ladders offer an unobtrusive, reliable, and burglar resistant solution for evacuation and access. They are ideally suited for architecturally valuable buildings.
- This ladder was originally developped by JOMY in 1968 and is still the "golden standard" .
- Dependable and reliable with over 15,000 installations worldwide
- Unobtrusive, looks like a drainpipe when not in use
- Deploys instantly and smoothly from any number of evacuation levels
- Burglar resistant
- An affordable price with a low cost of ownership, virtually maintenance-free.
- The ladder is a very discreet metal column of 10cm x 10cm. It is manufactured in anodized aluminum with natural mat finishing. The exterior parts of the ladder can be painted in any RAL color.
- Optional lifeline can be added for secure access and working at heights.
What are the different applications of the JOMY retractable ladder?
- Fire Escape
- Ladder for fire-men access
- Accessladder for maintenance and technics
- Access ladder to buildings
The JOMY is the architects choice
The ladder integrates seamlessly into modern and classic architecture. It is considered to be the architect's choice for unobtrusive and effective evacuation.
The JOMY Retractable Fire Escape Ladder is ideally suited for Evacuation in emergency situations and has a lot of outstanding features.
- Top cap prevents water from entering ladder column
- Handle requires less than 2.25Kg of force to deploy entire ladder
- Patented Opening Mechanism prevents unauthorized access yet allows any handle to deploy the entire ladder, regardless of height or number of handles
- Mounting bracket attaches ladder to wall while allowing the egress ladder to stand as a column directly on the ground
- Ladder requires no special wall reinforcement or through-bolting since it does not hang on the building; custom masonry expansion bolt or lag screw for frame or stucco are supplied
- Stainless steel attachment bolts and base plate prevent rust or corrosion
- Can be configured in heights up to 30m;
- Rated capacity of ladder is one person or 113kg every 1.8288m for the entire height of the fire evacuation ladder
- Stainless steel pivot pins with Teflon bushings prevent metal on metal contact and prevent rust and corrosion
- Extruded aluminum safety rails, also called add safety and security during ascent or descent and enables assistance, if required
- Two foot wide rungs with slip-resistant ribbed surface were tested with a 450Kg static load for one hour without breaking
- Individual rungs are counter-weighted with stainless steel springs to allow the egress ladder to be easily closed, regardless of height
- Extruded anodized aluminum construction permanently avoids rust and corrosion, providing maintenance-free operation
- Custom balconies for secure access to ladder system
- Locking hub and padlock for opening mechanism
- Double opening mechanism and double guardrail to use ladder from both sides
- Protection against over-opening in absence of solid floor
- Clamping of highest rung
- Fixed rest foot
- Swivel rest foot
- Supplementary access handle for easy access to ladder
- Opening detector, connected to burglary alarm
- Automatic opening of ladder in case of fire alarm
- RAL color polyester powder coating of exterior parts of the ladder