All JOMY stairs are produced from anodized lightweight aluminum profiles (anodized with natural mat finishing) and are assembled using stainless steel fasteners.
They are constructed from standard components, in accordance with the safety requirements. The aluminum stairs are modular, bolted together just like meccano. They are supplied ready-to-assemble and designed for transport.
Several layout options are available, depending on your building:
- in-line stairs;
- crossed stairs, parallel to the facade;
- crossed stairs, perpendicular to the façade;
- rectangular stairs;
- custom configurations.
Two different support structures are available:
- self- supporting structures, mounted on columns;
- suspended structures, mounted on brackets, suspended from the façade.
Advantages of aluminum over steel or iron stairs
Lightweight metallic aluminum staircases are the preferred solution for collective evacuation or access. All JOMY staircases are produced from anodized lightweight aluminum profiles. This high-quality material, despite its relatively high cost per weight, actually leads to the lowest total cost solution:
- Aluminum constructions are very light (only 1/3 of the weight of similar steel constructions), reducing the impact of the material cost per weight.
- Aluminum metalworking and material handling is easier than steel, reducing production costs;
- JOMY stairs are build with transport and assembly in mind (light, ready-to-assemble meccano style), reducing installation costs;
- Aluminum constructions require no maintenance (e.g. no protective painting) and have a long life span (over 30 years), further reducing the total cost of ownership.
- Aluminum also has an environmental benefit. It is 100% recyclable, without losing quality.
Aluminum allows distinct options:
- Burglar resistant counterbalanced lower stairs
- Many types of paneling (perforated sheets, vertical or horizontal profiles, etc.)
- Painting in any desired RAL color (polyester powder coating)
- Many types of anti-slip JOMY steps, guardrails, second handrail for children, access gate, etc.